January 26, 2010

The first e-mail of many....

Oi! Como via?! so... I dont have much time to write... but hey peeps! Love ya, and miss you all! So... Lemme tell you about the MTC and all that fabulous stuff I know youre dying to know! It's crazy here! We are supposed to wake up at 6:30 (I wake up at 5:15 for extra language study... I NEED IT) and then its constant things to do until 9:30. Class is awesome... my district is awesome... my companheira is awesome!! She is 25 from WA state and super fun! Hopefully I will be able to attach some pictures today or next week. She is a school teacher and soooo hilarious!!! A mix of rachel (our cuz) and I donno who else... but its great! The food is okay... the language... uh, well, let's say its coming along... It is super hard especially because most of my district has a spanish background (just the lang.) and I barely know anything in spanish. My pronounciation is fine its my knowledge of the rules and stuff that is kicking my trash. But, luckily minha companheira is super smart and knows a ton of spanish and knows how to teach. Anyways, onto the gospel stuff... its awesome! Constantly gospel or lang. but I love it and it feels good to acutally use my brain at something... (el. ed. at unlv is a joke) I dont think I have ever prayed this much in my life or relied on minha pia celestial so much in my life, but it is so good! The spirit is so strong and I have learned so much already! Oooo, yesterday we had our first TRC (ask gary what that is...) and we had to do contacting in a "park" in portuguese... that was a joke... It went okay... then we taught the 1st discussion... it went pretty good for the first time... the coolest part is that the people we were teaching were just volunteers, but the spirit was so strong in the lesson! It is so awesome how you can constantly feel the spirit... love it! um... lets see... Chris Sessions got here this past wed.! I was walking out of the caf. and he was walking down the sidewalk w his luggage! It was so crazy to see him. he is going to indonesia or something... I see preston all the time... he is in my branch. Jeff and I see eachother sometimes... love those boys! :) I mean elders... Ohhh good story... so... We have gym and I run the track and then go to the second floor to do ab stuff... anyways, around the track is all the weight lifting eq.... anyways, I only brought my yoga capris for gym cause I cant wear my running shorts and hate pants... so yeah... a sister in my district was like uh... when you run around the track you kind of distract the boys and i was like uh what are you talking about... she was like your yoga pants attract attention to your butt. I was so embarrassed... but its all good, we gotta keep them on the right track, so I went and bought some nasty boy bball pants haha. um... ash... thanks so much for the present! I srsly love it! Its aweome! You are the bestest sister in the world! and thanks for the dear elder! tell people to dear elder me :) its fun to get mail here haha. and it makes you not feel like a loser. elmer fam! You guys are so awesome! I love you!! and thank you for the letter! Jeff is doing awesome and keeping an eye out for me :) ash g and jessika... muito obrigada (thanks very much, or much thanks) for the package!!!! EVERYONE in my district and at dinner were so jealous of it hahah... and the smiles... YUM!!! thanks to everyone for the letters in ashleys present to me, they really meant a ton to me and they are so much fun to look at! Gary- I am writing you back... and I found the answer to our question from the temple!!!! I was at the temple today and started researching and found it!!! woo hoo you should be so proud! I will write you about it cause im running out of time. Devon- I just wrote you... it will take a million years for you to get it... but I have some funny news for you that I will just tell you later I guess... ps- my teacher, irmao Okazaki is soooooo much like you its crazy! same attitude, clothing style, personality and somewhat similar looking I about died from laughing when he did that weird snapping thing and also did a head twitch thing like you used to do haha. so funny. Anyways, I am going to try and add some pics... so, until next week. I love you all! You are the best... I would speak (type)some protuguese but all I can really do is a prayer and some other random stuff.... but, next week we learn to bare testimony... so until next week! love,Irma Graf

No comments:

Post a Comment