October 19, 2010

An e-mail from Chauntelle's old companion/trainer....

haha oh irma west! i love getting mail from you!


so, mem martins is great... i think that the lord is trying to tell me something... every area that ive been in (besides miratejo) its right after theyve had a ton of success, but they havent built it up... maybe heavenly father is trying to tell me to better my contacts and finding skills... anyways, the work is slow and irma howard is struggling with stuff right now... shes really depressed and doesnt have much faith in herself and in turn the work... so its kinda hard, but its strengthening me for sure. i have been so grateful for heavenly fathers help and i can see how i have been prepared for this transfer and how this transfer will help me in other transfers... the mission is so crazy how it all works.


we have a baptism this weekend and a wedding too! (she has to get married before she can get baptized...) its been a ton of work but shes one of those elietos! its awesome!


the miracles that i have seen over the last week... i had gotten out of the habit of contacting with nkutxi and so i decided that i needed to get better. i was back to square one like i was with you... but i told irma howard that we were going to the chapel (on a main road here) and she was going to make calls and i was going to stand outside the chapel and contact everyone that walked by. it was INCREDIBLE! i could really feel my faith and trust in the Lord grow as words began leaving my mouth that i didnt have previously planned. Also, another miracle, well a lot of miracles has to do with our companionship... i have had more faith, strength, love and patience with her and i have really seen how the lord has helped me step up to the plate to carry the burdens of the work, but also her burdens a little more.


i havent kept up running.... sadly, i really wanted to... but its all good. ive still lost weight... like 5- 10 pounds. woo hoo!


youre teaching seminary? how fun!!! thats got to be awesome! and a guy?!?!?! what do tell me more! haha. i hope it goes well!


the other irmas are doing great! de almeida is in oeiras, geiger is in lapa, morrison and perez are in the açores, and coelho is in odivelas.


i saw bishop from miratejo 2 transfers ago for a second... he said everyone is doing well. next week we have conference in miratejo so im hoping to run into some people. i havent heard about anyone else... other than helder that one guy... hes a golden investigator and has helped tons of people find the gospel... thats a miracle in and of itself... remember him?


other than that everything is going great! well, gotta go write the fam! i love ya have a great week!


irmã graf



On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Rebecca West wrote:

Ola minha querida Irma Graf,
Well another Pday is here, can you believe it!
So, how are things in Mem Martins and with Irma Howard? What miracles have you seen over the last week? How is the running going too... hope you are keeping that up! You know that running is not my thing but I am walking every day!
Well, life is good for me, I started teaching seminary today, feels like I have been up for hours already!!! They are a good class though, I know we are going to have a lot of fun :o)
I am busy with job hunting too, went for a job interview last week so will see what happens with that.
I met a guy aswell last week at the conference, I was meant to have lunch with him last week but he was sick so am hopefully meeting up with him tomorrow.... we will see! He seems really nice, a normal guy for once, so fingers crossed that he will not cancel tomorrow!
How are the other Irmas? Where are they all serving now?
Have you seen or heard anything of anyone in Miratejo?
Well, hope you know that I love you.
Ps I am so sooooo sorry for the delay with your memory card, it is in the post.
Love you
Irma Bex West!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment