June 29, 2010

CHURCH DANCES= universally l-a-m-e.




so today we had to go get our residency renewed... it was lame but we got to see our district from the mtc... and that was awesome! they are great and ive missed them... seeing as we are all over the place now... tomorrow we have to go back and do some more stuff woo hoo... imagine the dmv... but worse and with people that dont think bathing is necessary... yea.

anyways, this week... uh... really... i cant remember much.... ive been sick (wow, big news... not... im always sick ive decided... something about a mission... maybe its the combination of stress and the wacky climate here... one day it will be super hot and humid then the next it will rain and be super windy...)

we have been working hard to really follow the spirit and do the Lords will here in our area... but honestly, its really difficult when we both are just learning how to do this all... But, I have definately seen my faith grow so much in this past week and I am learning to recognize the spirit in ways that I havent had to do before... It is such a humbling experience to be serving a mission and yet I am so grateful to have this opportunity. This week the Lord blessed us by finding 2 families and the husbands are less actives and they both have a wife and a son... so we are trying to work with these families to get them back in the church and get the rest of them baptized and then in a year, to the temple to be sealed! Also, we found a family (sort of) a mom and her 25 yr old son and then their family friend (20 yr old) and the boys are incredible! We have only taught them once... it was when we found them knocking doors and it was just a prayer and then talked about church a little and invited them to church and they all said yes! and then the next day our ward had a dance and we invited the 2 boys so they could meet people and just get involved and omg... lets just say the dances here are just like the ones we have in vegas... LAME. maybe even worse..... hahaa. but they still came to church the next day haha.

anyways, really I dont have any cool or funny stories this week... but I am so grateful for my mission... I know that I am where I need to be right now and I know that what I am teaching is the gospel of Jesus Christ. Being on a mission and teaching all the basic principles really has strengthened my testimony so much! Its amazing!

well love you all! have a great week! Até o proximo!

com amor
irmã graf



ps photos.... today with the irmãs... well half of the irmãs in the mission... and then our district waiting for our metro! ;) good old elder dalton haaha.





No comments:

Post a Comment